Ten Tips for Writing Press Releases which are effective from SEO Superstars
1. Remember that you’re trying to grab the reader’s attention and you want them to read the whole story.
2. Aim your content within the first paragraph at your target audience.
3. Get two or three different opinions on your press release, get some feedback off of other team members.
4. Ensure your content is written well and proof read it before posting it.
5. Don’t use confusing words; keep things simple and easy to understand.
6. Only state true facts and stay away from talking nonsense.
7. Make plenty of contact options available to the reader i.e. email, phone, fax and so on.
8. Ensure there applicable hyperlinks in your news article, this will take the reader to your site where it will be possible for them to learn more about the product or services you offer.
9. Make certain that if a reporter/journalist was to use your press release to produce an article that all essential and interesting information is present.
10. Start the press release with the most interesting piece of the article, after this, add the major news item, and then finally speak of the Organization that brings the story to the readers.